• January 20th – 21st, January 25th – 28th, 7:30 p.m.: The Twilight Saga – Breaking Dawn – Part 1.
• February 3rd – 4th, February 9th – 11th, 7:30 p.m.: The Muppets.
For info: www.tobytheatre.com.
Friday, January 20th:
• 11 a.m. – 1 p.m: Free BBQ and ice wine sampling at the Mountainside Market in Fairmont Hot Springs. Part of the 3rd annual Fairmont Fire & Ice Festival.
• 5:30 – 9 p.m.: Apres-ski live music with Al Lukas at Fairmont Hot Springs Resort ski area. Skiing is extended until 6 p.m. For info visit www.visitfairmont.ca.
• 4:30 – 9 p.m.: Free tobogganing on Highway 1 run, accessible via the Red Carpet lift at Panorama Resort. Tickets available at the Guest Services Desk in SkiTip.
• 4 – 11 p.m.: Curling Bonspiel on the Lake by Kinsmen Beach, Invermere. Also, indoor curling to view at the Invermere Curling Club rink. For info: 250-342-3315.
• 6 – 8 p.m.: Invermere Snowflake Festival at Kinsmen Beach. Music by L8, Taste of the Valley menu sampling from local restaurants, curling, hockey, skating, Akisqnuknik Development teepee and cultural display. Fireworks at 8 p.m. Taste of the Valley passports $10, available at Be Gifted, Three Bears gift store and Candyland. For info: 250-342-2844.
• 7:30 p.m.: Columbia Valley Rockies versus Chase Heat at the Eddie Mountain Memorial Arena.
Saturday, January 21st:
• Toby Creek Nordic Ski Club and Nipika Mountain Resort Loppet Weekend Festival. Classic loppet on Saturday. For info call: 250-342-6504 or register at www.zone4.ca or visit www.tobycreeknordic.ca.
• 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.: Curling Bonspiel on the Lake by Kinsmen Beach, Invermere. For info: 250-342-3315.
• Noon – 10 p.m.: Panorama Mountain Snowflake Festival kickoff at the Great Hall. For info: 250-342-6941.
• 9:30 – noon: Flow Yoga, Zumba and Yin Yoga combination class at Windermere Hall, held by the Desiderata Health and Wellness Studio. $25 per person. A kickstart to the Liberation 2012 Health Fair. For info and registration: 250-342-1438.
• Noon – 2 p.m.: Liberation 2012 Health Fair at the Windermere Hall. Free to the public. Cost for vendors $20. For info: 250-342-1438.
• 1 – 3 p.m.: Drop-in shinny at Fairmont Hot Springs Resort. Part of the 3rd annual Fairmont Fire & Ice Fiesta. For info visit: www.visitfairmont.ca.
• 6 p.m.: Supper and Sounds Evening at Meet on Higher Ground Coffee House in Radium Hot Springs. $25 per person. 250-347-6567.
• 6 – 11 p.m.: Fiesta Gala Dinner and Silent Auction at the Hoodoo Grill. Call 250-345-2166 for tickets and details.
• 7:30 p.m.: Columbia Valley Rockies versus Nelson Leafs at the Eddie Mountain Memorial Arena.
• 8:20 p.m.: Torchlight Parade at Panorama Mountain Village.
Sunday, January 22nd:
• Toby Creek Nordic Ski Club and Nipika Mountain Resort Loppet Weekend Festival. Skate loppet on Sunday. For info call: 250-342-6504 or register at www.zone4.ca or visit www.tobycreeknordic.ca.
• 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.: Free Pancake Brunch at Smoking Water’s Cafe. For info visit: www.visitfairmont.ca.
• Noon – 3 p.m.: Curling Bonspiel finals on the lake by Kinsmen Beach, Invermere. For info: 250-342-3315.
Tuesday, January 24th:
• 7 p.m.: Groundswell presents the movie Mountain Magic by Pat and Baiba Morrow at David Thompson Secondary School. The movie is about health education in remote mountain villages of Ladakh. For info e-mail email@example.com.
Wednesday, January 25th:
• 3:30 – 5 p.m.: Wacky Words Adventure Club at Invermere Public Library. Free for students in grade 5 – 7. To register: 250-342-6416.
• 6 p.m.: Robbie Burns dinner at McToogle’s. One sitting only. For reservations: 250-341-6868.
Thursday, January 26th:
• 1 – 3 p.m.: Senior’s Computing course at the Invermere Seniors’ Centre. Facilitated by the Columbia Basin Alliance for Literacy. Free for members of the seniors’ centre. For info and registration: 250-688-2115 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• 6:30 – 9 p.m.: Sexual abuse awareness evening: dinner, fashion show and expert awareness panel at Rocky River Grill. $20 per person. Tickets available at Valley Fitness Centre, Corner Cafe and Rocky River Grill or contact email@example.com.
• 6:45 – 7:15: Pyjama Story time at the Radium Public Library.
• 9 p.m.: Big John Bates performs at Bud’s Bar and Lounge. Tickets are $10.00 at the door.
Friday, January 27th:
• 10 a.m.: The Invermere Public Library and the Columbia Basin Alliance for Literacy celebrate Family Literacy Day. CBAL contest entries will be on display. For info visit: abclifeliteracy.ca.
• Noon: Lunch at the Edgewater Legion. Soup, bun, dessert and beverage. $6 per person. For info: 250-347-9388.
Saturday, January 28th:
• 6 p.m.: 17th annual Deb’s Night Out Chinese New Year at Eagle Ranch Resort. Fundraiser for domestic violence programs. Hosted by the Family Resource Centre. Tickets are $40 per person. For info and tickets call 250-342-5566 or visit Interior World or The Book Bar.
• 6 p.m.: Spaghetti Dinner at the Brisco Hall. Hosted by Brisco Riding Club. $8 each or $25 per family. Toboggan party at 2 p.m. For info: 250-347-2125, or 250-347-0085.