• April 20th – 21st and April 26th – 28th, 7:30 p.m.:
For info: www.tobytheatre.com.
Friday, April 13th:
• 2 – 5 p.m.: 25th Anniversary Rick Hansen Man in Motion World Tour arrives at Pothole Park. Come to cheer on the relay runners. Entertainment, food vendors, games and cake. Hosted by the A.C.E. Committee and the District of Invermere. For info: 250-342-5596 or visit www.RickHansenRelay.com.
• 4 p.m.: Official ceremonies. Relay arrives at Pothole Park. Honouring of medal bearers and cake cutting.
• 7 – 9:30 p.m.: Open Mic Night at Pynelogs Cultural Centre. Entry by donation. Cash bar. For info: 250-342-4423.
Saturday, April 14th:
• 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.: Parkade sale at Copper Point Resort.
• 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. and 2 – 4 p.m.: Big band dance lessons with Cranbrook instructors Randy Tapp and Kim Bombardier at Lions Hall at the crossroads. $15 per person. For info, call Nancy: 250-342-8784.
• 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.: BBQ fundraiser for Global Animal Lovers at Invermere Home Hardware.
• 7 p.m.- 1 a.m.: 4th annual Galarama Goes Bollywood at the Edgewater Community Hall. A ladies-only event presented by Edgewater Rec Society. $15 per adult includes safe ride transportation, sponsored by Bud’s Bar and Lounge. Tickets available at Bud’s and Scrappy Do’s, Nellie’s Salon, Prestige Lounge and Pip’s Store. For info call Tammy: 250-270-0340.
Sunday, April 15th:
• 10 a.m.: Shoreline cleanup at James Chabot Park organized by the Lake Windermere Ambassadors. For info: 250-341-6898.
• 5:30 p.m.: Spring dinner at the Edgewater Legion. Ham, cabbage rolls and scalloped potatoes. $12 per adult. $10 for seniors and children under 12. For info: 250-347-0044.
Monday, April 16th:
• 6 p.m.: Ultimate frisbee at J.A. Laird School fields. All ages, all skill levels, newcomers welcome. No cost. Now until fall.
• 7 p.m.: Dessert Night at Lake Windermere Alliance Church. Come and hear about the Falk family’s upcoming adventure to Niamey, Niger, West Africa. For info: 250-342-8948 or email email@example.com.
Tuesday, April 17th:
• 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.: Options for Sexual Health clinic at Invermere Health Unit. For info: 250-342-OPTS (6787).
• 6 – 10 p.m.: Business Excellence Awards at Fairmont Hot Springs Resort. Brought to you by the Columbia Valley Chamber of Commerce and the Radium Chamber of Commerce. For info: 250-342-2844 or www.cvchamber.ca.
• 7 p.m.: Silver Strings Dessert Night concert at David Thompson Secondary School theatre.
Wednesday, April 18th:
• Denis Chang Master Guitar Workshop brought to you by Columbia Valley Arts. For info: 250-342-4423.
• 7 p.m.: Denis Chang Manouche Quartet Concert at Bud’s Bar and Lounge. Featuring the style of music from Django Reinhardt. For info:
Thursday, April 19th:
• 12 noon – 1 p.m.: 5th anniversary celebration for the Little Badger Early Learning Program at Eva Joseph Family Centre in Windermere. Cake to be served.
• 6:45 – 7:45 p.m.: Pyjama Story at the Radium Public Library. For info: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• 7 p.m.: The Christmas Bureau of the Columbia Valley’s annual general meeting in the activity room at Columbia Garden Village. For info, call Gail at 250-342-6752 or Helen at 250-342-6789.
Saturday, April 21st:
• 8 a.m.: Registration begins for 10th annual 3D archery shoot at the Lake Windermere District Rod and Gun Club’s Lake Lillian outdoor archery range. Two day event. $25 for adults, $10 for youth, $60 for family, under 12 free. For info or to pre-register: 250-342-9033 or visit www.lwdrodgun.com.
Sunday, April 22nd:
• 11:30 – 3 p.m.: The Cheesecake Burlesque Sass Class 101 dance workshop. Discover your inner burlesque dancer. Hosted by Columbia Valley Arts. For info: 250-342-4423.
• 5:30 – 8 p.m.: Dinner with the Cheesecake Burlesque Troupe at Birchwood Restaurant. For info and tickets: 250-342-4423.
• 8:30 p.m.: The Cheesecake Burlesque Revue Stage Show at Bud’s Burlesque Lounge. $25 per person. For info: 250-342-4423.
Monday, April 23rd:
• 7 p.m.: Break Forth with music trio Eliana performs during Ladies Night Out at Lake Windermere Alliance Church in Invermere. $10 per ticket, on sale at Selkirk TV and Appliances. For info and ticket purchases call Joyce: 250-342-6657.
Saturday, April 28th:
• 1 p.m.: A reading and slide-show from Adventures in Solitude by award-winning author and CBC host Grant Lawrence at Christ Church Trinity in Invermere. Hosted by the Invermere Public Library. Free event. For info: 250-342-6416.
Sunday, April 29th:
• 9 – 11 a.m.: Bike and Gear Swap, drop-off at Invermere Community Centre.
• 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.: Bike and Gear Swap Sale. Pick up of money or unsold gear between 1 and 2 p.m.. For info contact Darcy: 250-341-6080.