• May 11th – 12th, May 16th – 19th, 7:30 p.m.: The Hunger Games.
For info: www.tobytheatre.com.
Friday, May 4th:
• Hole-in-One Golf Challenge at Riverside Golf Course in Fairmont Hot Springs. Runs every Friday, Saturday and Sunday until end of September. A fundraising event hosted by Fairmont and District Lions.
• 7 p.m.: Fresh Fridays Open Mic Nite at Pynelogs Cultural Centre. For info: 250-342-4423.
• 7:30 p.m.: Valley Voices Spring Concert at Christ Church Trinity. Adults $10, students $5, children under 5 free. Tickets available at One Hour Photo, Meet on Higher Ground Coffee Shop in Radium and Smoking Waters Coffee Shop in Fairmont.
Saturday, May 5th:
• 12:30 – 3 p.m.: Mother’s Day luncheon and bake
sale at the Windermere Hall. Hosted by Windermere Health Care Auxiliary. $5 admission. For info: 250-345-6635.
• Cinco de Mayo Murder Mystery Dinner at Radium Resort. Buffet dinner and entertainment. For info and tickets: 250-347-9311.
• 5 p.m.: Doors open to Sarah De Mayo benefit for Sarah Adamson at Elements Grill at Copper Point Resort. $40 per person, includes buffet, silent auction and DJ. Tickets sold at the door. See article on page 19 for more. To donate to silent auction contact Jesse: 250-688-0061.
• 7:30 p.m.: Valley Voices Spring Concert at Christ Church Trinity. Adults $10, students $5, children under 5 free. Tickets available at One Hour Photo, Meet on Higher Ground Coffee Shop in Radium and Smoking Water Coffee Company in Fairmont.
• 7 p.m.: Sensational Seconds Fashion Show at Invermere Community Hall. Run by Invermere Health Care Auxiliary, proceeds to Invermere hospital.
Monday, May 7th:
• 7 p.m.: Life Among Birds with Dr. Rob Butler. A Wings festival evening presentation at Pynelogs. $15 at the door.
• 7 p.m.: Keepers of The Faith Quartet performs at Lake Windermere Alliance Church. Freewill offering. For info: 250-342-9535.
Tuesday, May 8th:
• 6:30 p.m.: Bird Brains and Eco-Cultural Landscapes in the East Kootenay. A Wings festival evening presentation at Pynelogs. $20 at the door.
• 6:30 p.m.: Birdsong Singalong Supper at the Windermere Community Hall. Hosted by the Windermere Community Association. Valley Voices lead sing-along. Cathy Parkes showcasing artwork, along with artwork by Windermere Elementary School students and silent auction. $40 per person, joint fundraiser with Wings. For tickets: 250-342-2473 or visit www.wingsovertherockies.org.
Wednesday, May 9th:
• 7 p.m.: Jazz vocalist Jaclyn Guillou performs at Strand’s Old House. $10 per person. For info: 250-342-6344.
Thursday, May 10th:
• 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.: Art show and sale featuring the art of local artists at Canal Flats Seniors’ Centre. Theme is Wings over the Rockies. Refreshments and goodies. Runs Thursday and Friday.
• 7 p.m.: Annual General Meeting for Wilmer Waterworks District at the Wilmer Community Hall (Conrad Kain Park).
• 7 p.m.: Free presentation by First Nation scholar, speaker and elder, Dr. E. Richard Atleo, at The College of the Rockies. Room 250, in the Lecture Theatre. For info: 250-489-2751 ext. 3224.
• 7 p.m.: David Thompson: Birder. A Wings festival evening presentation at Pynelogs. $15 at the door.
Friday, May 11th:
• 12 noon: All Saints Church Guild Mother’s Day Luncheon at the Edgewater Legion. $5 per person. For info: 250-347-9072.
• 12:30 p.m.: Valley Fitness Centre dedication of aerobics studio in the memory of Georgina Dubois. If you plan to attend please call: 250-342-2131.
• 7 p.m.: La Cafamore String Quartet performs with Pianist Nina Horvath at the Edgewater Hall. Presented by the Columbia Valley Arts. $15 Adults, $10 Students. Tickets available at Pynelogs, The Book Bar, Pip’s in Edgewater, Fairmont Village Gifts, Radium Video and at the door. For info contact Alec at 250-347-6943 or Pynelogs at 250-342-4423.
• 7 p.m.: The Geology, the Hikes and the Birds of the Rocky Mountains by Bill Ayrton. A Wings festival evening presentation at Pynelogs. $15 at the door.
Saturday, May 12th:
• 8:30 a.m.: Registration begins for Radium Elmer Fudd fun shoot. Rauch Homestead Range. Two-day event. For info: www.lwdrodgun.com/html/event. For info: 250-341-3254.
• 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.: BBQ fundraiser for Global Animal Lovers Society at Home Hardware.
• 1 – 4 p.m.: Grand opening of the new flight cage at the Burns’, 3995 Holgrave Road. First driveway on the right. Presentation at 2 p.m. Info 250-342-2473.
• 6 – 10 p.m.: Wings Over The Rockies Festival Gala at Radium Resort. Featuring Bruce Kirby, adventure traveler, photographer and writer for the Globe and Mail. To register visit www.wingsovertherockies.org.
Thursday, May 17th:
• 7 p.m.: Annual General Meeting for Special Olympics BC – Columbia Valley Chapter (Invermere). District of Invermere office boardroom. For info: 250-342-3056.
Friday, May 18th:
Backwoods Blues at Horsethief Hideout, also on Saturday and Sunday. Family event. Includes camping. $50 for adults, youth $25, kids 10-and-under free. For info: 250-434-4444, 1-403-755-1545 or www.horsethiefhideout.ca.