• May 11th – 12th, May 16th – 19th, 7:30 p.m.: The Hunger Games.
For info: www.tobytheatre.com.
Friday, May 11th:
• 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.: Art show and sale featuring the art of local artists at Canal Flats Seniors’ Centre. Theme is Wings over the Rockies. Refreshments and goodies included.
• 12 noon: All Saints Church Guild Mother’s Day Luncheon at the Edgewater Legion. $5 per person. For info: 250-347-9072.
• 12:30 p.m.: Valley Fitness Centre dedication of aerobics studio in the memory of Georgina Dubois. If you plan to attend, please call 250-342-2131.
• 7 p.m.: La Cafamore String Quartet performs with Pianist Nina Horvath at the Edgewater Hall. Presented by the Columbia Valley Arts. $15 Adults, $10 Students. Tickets available at Pynelogs, The Book Bar, Pip’s in Edgewater, Fairmont Village Gifts, Radium Video and at the door. For info: 250-347-6943, or call Pynelogs at 250-342-4423.
• 7 p.m.: The Geology, the Hikes and the Birds of the Rocky Mountains by Bill Ayrton. A Wings festival evening presentation at Pynelogs. $15 at the door.
Saturday, May 12th:
• 8:30 a.m.: Registration begins for Radium Elmer Fudd fun shoot at the Rauch Homestead Range. Lunch included. Two-day event. For info: www.lwdrodgun.com/html/event or 250-341-3254.
• 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.: Royal LePage Rockies West Realty 4th Annual National Garage Sale for Shelter at 492 Highway 93/95 beside Tim Hortons. All proceeds goes to support Invermere’s local women’s shelter, The Family Resource Centre and fund long-term solutions to end family violence. For info: 250-342-5599 or e-mail email@example.com.
• 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.: BBQ fundraiser for Global Animal Lovers Society at Home Hardware.
• 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.: BBQ hotdogs fundraiser at AG Valley Foods. Every Saturday in May. A fundraiser for Columbia Valley Swim Club. For info visit: www.columbiavalleyswim.com.
• 1 – 4 p.m.: Grand opening of the new flight cage at the Burns’, 3995 Holgrave Road. First driveway on the right. Presentation at 2 p.m. Info: 250-342-2473.
• 6 – 10 p.m.: Wings Over The Rockies Festival Gala at Radium Resort. Featuring Bruce Kirby, adventure traveler, photographer and writer for the Globe and Mail. To register visit www.wingsovertherockies.org.
Sunday, May 13th:
• Free ladies’ golfing on Mother’s Day at Setetkwa Golf Course, also a youth fundraiser.
• 8:30 a.m.: Registration begins for Radium Elmer Fudd fun shoot. Rauch Homestead Range. Lunch included. For info: www.lwdrodgun.com/html/event.
• 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.: Mother’s Day Brunch at the Edgewater Community Hall. $15 Adults, $10 Seniors, $1 times the child’s age up to 10 years. Tickets available at the door or call: 2550-347-9324.
Thursday, May 17th:
• 7 p.m.: Annual General Meeting for Special Olympics BC, Columbia Valley Chapter (Invermere). District of Invermere office boardroom. For info: 250-342-3056.
Friday, May 18th:
• Backwoods Blues Festival at Horsethief Hideout, also on Saturday and Sunday. Family event. Includes camping. $50 for adults, youth $25, kids 10-and-under free. For info: 250-434-4444, 1-403-755-1545 or www.horsethiefhideout.ca.
• 4:30 – 8:30 p.m.: Rotary Club Garage Sale at Deck Storage in Athalmer. Treasures for everyone. For info: 250-342-6122.
• 6 – 9 p.m.: Min Ma and Neil Patterson exhibition at the Artym Gallery. Continues until May 27th. For info: 250-342-7566.
Saturday, May 19th:
• 7 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.: Rotary Club Garage Sale next to Invermere Courthouse, across from Sobeys. Treasures for everyone. For info: 250-342-6122.
• 8 a.m. onwards: Garage Sale and Bake Sale and coffee at 1215 – 10th Ave., Invermere, to raise money for the Underwear Affair. Fundraising and raising awareness of cancers below the belt.
• 1 – 4 p.m.: Handmade Kazuri Jewelry from Africa for sale at Pynelogs. Hosted by the Valley GoGo Sisters. Admission is free. A luncheon to preview jewelry and purchase prior to sale at Pynelogs Cafe. $20 per person. Tickets are available at One Hour Photo.
• 2 – 6 p.m.: Fairmont Beach Resort and Waterski Park Open House. Free BBQ and fun for the whole family. Bring swim gear. Waterskiing, wakeboarding, canoeing, kayaking and stand-up paddle boarding. For info: 250-341-7085.
• 8 p.m.: The Good Doctor by Neil Simon performed by the Lake Windermere Players at the Invermere Community Hall. Tickets $15, sold at The Book Bar, One Hour Photo, Radium Video, Fairmont Pizza and La Galeria in Fairmont. Sunday show, same time. For info call Bruce: 250-347-9021.
Sunday, May 20th:
• 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.: Multi-family yard sale at Columbia Ridge Community Hall. All proceeds supporting “Relay for Life”. Furniture, sporting goods, clothing, books, household and garden items, building material, toys and more. Food and beverages for sale.
• 12 noon – 4 p.m.: Join Purcell Mountain Painters for coffee, tea and home made goodies at Pynelogs Art Gallery in Invermere.
• 2 p.m. Louise Rose performs at the Edgewater Hall. Celebrating 100 years of the Edgewater Townsite.Adults and seniors $25, students $10, Children $5. For info call Barry More at 250-347-9668 or Anne Jardine at 250-347-9860.