The Columbia Valley Pioneer has a print run of 6,400 copies (verified by Canadian Media Circulation Audit, performed by Canadian Community Newspaper Association). That’s more than three times the distribution of any other local newspaper in the Columbia Valley!
The Pioneer is hand-delivered to 120 valley locations. ?page_id=668″>here.
Please place your classified ads here.
How we can help
Our production staff are skilled at creating advertisements that will help your business. We can advise you on the most effective colours and layouts to get your message across, all at no extra cost.
The Columbia Valley Pioneer is printed in Calgary and distributed in the valley on Friday mornings.
Due to our tight printing and distribution schedule, all deadlines must be strictly enforced.
Our advertising deadlines are as follows:
- Book your space and send us your material before Noon on Monday for the following Friday.
- If you require a proof, you will receive it before noon Tuesday.
Please review your proof and make changes before Tuesday at 5 p.m.
- If you require a second and final proof, sign off on it by 10 a.m. Wednesday. (Because of our deadlines, you will not receive more than two proofs).
- If we do not hear from you by 10 a.m. Wednesday, your advertisement WILL appear in the newspaper according to the terms of your booking, and you WILL be invoiced.
- The deadline for CLASSIFIED advertisements is noon every Tuesday.
Please Note: We urge you to book your space and have your material to us on the previous Thursday or Friday for the following week’s paper. That way, you will have sufficient time to review your proof and make changes, if necessary.
The Pioneer will make every effort to return your proof within one business day. Thank you for your cooperation.
What we need from you
- Reproducing photographs:
The Pioneer requires high-resolution digital photographs to ensure the highest quality reproduction. We will also accept and scan printed photos. The quality of the submitted photo can not be improved beyond its original quality.
- Reproducing logos:
If you have a company logo you would like to include in your advertisement, the best quality will be achieved if you provide us with a digital copy.
If someone else created your logo, please ask the designer to send us a copy by e-mail, or bring it to us on a CD, disk or USB drive.
- Reproducing Copy:
For the worded copy of your advertisement, please make sure it is typed or printed as clearly as possible to avoid any errors. We will attempt to correct mistakes, but please double-check your proof before signoff.
- Accepted electronic formats:
InDesign Mac (images and fonts included), Illustrator, press-ready PDFs, image files such as TIFF, JPEG, and GIF (high-resolution).
We do not accept Publisher files.
The Columbia Valley Pioneer brings more readers to advertisers than any other local publication. Consistency and continuous advertising is key to securing your place in the market, and we understand this.
We offer Consecutive Insertion Discounts of:
5% (4 -7 Issues)
10% (8-11 Issues)
15% (12-51 Issues)
30% (52 Issues)
NEW! +5% Off for full pre-payment
Our Suggested Ad Sizes – Download PDF
- Full Page: Black & White – $813.00 Colour – $975.60
- Dominant Page: Black & White – $542.00 Colour – $650.40
- Half Page Horizontal: Black & White – $407.00 Colour – $488.40
- Half Page Vertical: Black & White – $407.00 Colour – $488.40
- Quarter Page: Black & White – $203.00 Colour – $243.60
- Large Power Bar: Black & White – $191.00 Colour – $229.20
- Small Power Bar: Black & White – $127.00 Colour – $152.40
- Business Card: Black & White – $42.00 Colour – $50.40
1 Col – 1.5″ | 2 Col – 3.25″ | 3 Col – 5″ | 4 Col – 6.75″ | 5 Col – 8.5″ | 6 Col – 10.25″
Our Pricing Grid – Download PDF
*All rates subject to applicable taxes. Prices in effect July, 2011
Paying for an advertisement
You may pay your invoice by cash or cheque and by credit card or debit card. To pay by cash, cheque, or debit card, please attend our offices Monday through Friday, between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm. To pay by cheque, please attend our offices, or mail your cheque to:
The Columbia Valley Pioneer
8 – 1008 8th Avenue
PO Box 868
Invermere, BC V0A 1K0
- You will be invoiced for your advertisement at the end of each month. Interest at 2 percent monthly on unpaid balances will be added to your invoice after 30 days.
- A tear sheet (the newspaper page with your advertisement) will be sent if requested.
- You may also view your advertisement free of charge at www.columbiavalleypioneer.com
- If you have any questions about your invoice, please call our Accounting Department at 250-341-6299.