Thursday, August 10th
• 10:30 a.m.: Stretch and Move Classes for Seniors every Thursday with Jenette St. Jean at Invermere Seniors Hall.
• 1 – 4 p.m.: Invermere Library’s Summer Reading Club activities for kids going into Gr. 1-5. Each Thursday.
• 2 p.m.: Seniors Tea at the Invermere Library the 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month. If you require transportation, please call the library at 250-342-6416.
• 5 – 6 p.m.: Wine tasting in the Fairmont Hot Springs Resort lobby every Thursday. $15/person or $25 for two.
• 5 – 8 p.m.: Beach Party every Thursday in August at Kinsmen Beach including lawn games like Giant Jenga, sand volleyball, music, and more. This week: Zumba with instructor Julie Parent from 7:30 – 8 p.m.
• 6:30 p.m.: Texas Hold Em’ Tournament at the Invermere Legion every Thursday.
Friday, August 11th
• Crisanna’s Neighbourhood Valley Block Parties, a one hour event Tuesdays starting at 10:30 a.m. and Fridays at 7 p.m. for visitors, locals and their guests at Aksiqnuk Lakeshore Campground, Hwy 93/95 between Windermere and Fairmont. Prizes, coupons, music, entertaining info, local volunteer groups, free Fry Bread, coffee, tea. Visit fb ‘Valley Block Parties’.
• 11 a.m.: Invermere Library Pop-Up Story Time at Spider Web Park behind the hospital.
• 4 – 8 p.m.: Art Walk Invermere, visit six participating Art Galleries throughout Invermere every Friday from now to Sept. 8th. Visit www.artwalkinvermere.com.
• 4 – 9 p.m.: Music and Market on Main at Radium Visitor Information Centre every Friday in August. Market from 4 – 9 p.m., Music from 7 – 9 p.m. tonight with The Steadies. Visit radiumhotsprings.com for a full listing of performers and sponsors.
• 6 p.m.: Bingo at Shuswap Band Hall every Friday. Doors open at 6 p.m., Bingo starts at 7 p.m.
• 6 – 8 p.m.: Artym Gallery features Cameron Bird and Andrew Kiss with artists in attendance tonight and Saturday August 12th from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Show continues until August 17th.
• 7 p.m.: Columbia Valley Car Club meeting at Rocky River Grill (Breakfast room of Kanata Inn). Volunteers needed for the Sept. Show & Shine! All are welcome. For info, call Vicki 250-342-1257
• 7 – 10 p.m.: Local Live Music at Elements in Copper Point Resort every Friday & Saturday. Call for reservations 250-341-4002. This weekend features Dandelions on Friday and Mike Smith on Saturday August 12th.
Saturday, August 12th
• 22nd annual Loop The Lake with registration starting at $50 for the 5 km, $55 for the 10 km or $60 for half-marathon, free for youth under 10, and include a T-shirt and post-race pancake breakfast. Register online or in person at Crazy Soles with race bib and T-shirt pick-up from 11 a.m. – 8 p.m. on Friday August 11th. Visit loopthelake.bc.ca for details.
• 41st annual Lakeside Event with hang glider and paragliders taking off from Mt. Swansea, soaring above the Valley and landing in water targets in the lake and on James Chabot beach.
• 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.: Farmers and Artists Market in downtown Invermere, every Saturday in the summer.
• 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.: Columbia Basin Artwork Tour – a self-directed tour of studios/galleries throughout the Columbia Basin. Free. Pick up map at Pynelogs Cultural Centre. Visit cbculturaltour.com for details.
Monday, August 14th
• Summer Art Camp with Black Star Studio at Pynelogs Cultural Centre from August 14th to 18th. Ages 7+. Register by calling 250-342-6663.
• 7 p.m.: Fairmont and District Lions Club meet the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month.
• Dusk: Movies in the Mountains at Pothole Park in downtown Invermere featuring ‘Grease’. Enjoy a different movie every Monday in August.
Tuesday, August 15th
• 10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.: Museum’s Summer Children’s program, every Tuesday for children 6 to 10 years old. This year’s theme: “In the Rockies We Will Go” with a weekly activity pertaining to the theme. Cost to participate is by donation to cover materials and snacks. This week’s activity: Pioneering.
Wednesday, August 16th
• 8 a.m.: Radium Hot Springs Sunrise Rotary meets for breakfast the 1st and 3rd Wednesday from April thru October at The Springs golf course. Breakfast $10.
• 11:45 a.m.: The Rotary Club of Invermere meets every Wednesday at the Curling Centre.
• 3 – 4 p.m.: Wild Ideas, a free drop-in program for Gr. 5-8 at the Invermere Library.
• 5 – 7:30 p.m.: Windermere Valley Farmers Institute (WDFI) ‘Make it, Bake it, Grow it’ Farmers Market, every Wednesday until the end of August at the WDFI AgriPark near the Crossroads on Highway 93/95.
• 6 – 7:30 p.m.: Wild Writer’s Squad, free drop-in program for Gr. 9-12 at the Invermere Library.
• 7 p.m.: Live music at Strand’s Restaurant with ‘Cha-Cra’, award winning steel guitarist Charlie Hase and singer/songwriter Craig Aikman. Cover $5.
Thursday, August 17th
• 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.: Pancake Breakfast and Scooter Rodeo for Seniors only! at Columbia Garden Village. Call 250-341-3350 for details.
• 5 – 8 p.m.: Beach Party every Thursday in August at Kinsmen Beach including lawn games, sand volleyball, music, and more. This week: SUP with instructor Penny Powers from Columbia Paddle from 7:30 – 8 p.m.
Friday, August 18th
• 11 a.m.: Invermere Library Pop-Up Story Time at Pothole Park. Songs, stories and a craft!
• 4 – 9 p.m.: Market on Main at the Radium Hot Springs Visitor Centre with Music by L8 from 7 – 9 p.m.
• 5 p.m.: Invermere MusicFest outdoor music festival at Kinsmen Beach today and Saturday August 19th. Two days of live music featuring Blackie and the Rodeo Kings, Ridley Bend, Dawn Pemberton, Dandelions, The Wet Secrets, the Boom Booms & Chipko Jones. Tickets at www.invermeremusicfest.com or the festival booth at the Invermere Farmers Market Saturday, August 12th.
• 7 – 10 p.m.: Local Live Music at Elements at Copper Point Resort this weekend with Smarty Pants on Friday and Dos Equis on Saturday August 19th.
Invermere Library Hours
• Tuesday to Saturday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
• Wednesday: 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
• Story Time: Thurs. 10:30 a.m. and Sat. 11 a.m.
• Drop-in LEGO Club: Saturday 2:30 – 4:30 p.m.
Radium Hot Springs Library Hours
• Tuesday: 6 – 8 p.m.
• Wednesday and Thursday: 1 – 4 p.m.
• Saturday: 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
• LEGO for all ages: Saturday 10 a.m.
Windermere Valley Museum Hours
• Daily: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.