Thursday, August 17th
• 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.: Pancake Breakfast and Scooter Rodeo for Seniors only! at Columbia Garden Village. Call 250-341-3350 for details.
• 1 – 4 p.m.: Invermere Library’s Summer Reading Club activities for kids going into Gr. 1-5.
• 5 – 6 p.m.: Wine tasting in the Fairmont Hot Springs Resort lobby every Thursday. $15/person or $25 for two.
• 5 – 8 p.m.: Beach Party every Thursday in August at Kinsmen Beach including lawn games, sand volleyball, music, and more. This week: SUP with instructor Penny Powers from Columbia Paddle from 7:30 – 8 p.m.
Friday, August 18th
• Crisanna’s Neighbourhood Valley Block Parties, a one hour event Tuesdays starting at 10:30 a.m. and Fridays at 7 p.m. for visitors, locals and their guests at Lakeshore Resort and Campground, Hwy 93/95 between Windermere and Fairmont. Prizes, coupons, music, entertaining info, free Fry Bread, coffee, tea and more!
• 11 a.m.: Invermere Library Pop-Up Story Time at Pothole Park. Songs, stories and a craft.
• 4 – 8 p.m.: Art Walk Invermere, visit six participating Art Galleries throughout Invermere every Friday from now to Sept. 8th. Visit www.artwalkinvermere.com.
• 4 – 9 p.m.: Music and Market on Main at Radium Visitor Information Centre every Friday in August. Market from 4 – 9 p.m., Music from 7 – 9 p.m. tonight with L8. Visit radiumhotsprings.com for a full listing of performers and sponsors.
• 5 p.m.: Invermere MusicFest outdoor music festival at Kinsmen Beach today and Saturday August 19th featuring Blackie and the Rodeo Kings, Ridley Bend, Dawn Pemberton, Dandelions, The Wet Secrets, the Boom Booms & Chipko Jones. Tickets at www.invermeremusicfest.com.
• 6 p.m.: Bingo at Shuswap Band Hall every Friday. Doors open at 6 p.m., Bingo starts at 7 p.m.
• 6 – 8 p.m.: Artym Gallery presents ‘Photos become Artist Creations’. Show continues until August 25th.
• 7 p.m.: Columbia Valley Car Club meeting at Rocky River Grill (Breakfast room of Kanata Inn). Volunteers needed for the Sept. Show & Shine! All are welcome.
• 7 – 10 p.m.: Local Live Music at Elements in Copper Point Resort every Friday & Saturday. Call for reservations 250-341-4002. This weekend features Smarty Pants on Friday and Dos Equis on Saturday August 19th.
Saturday, August 19th
• 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.: Farmers and Artists Market in downtown Invermere, every Saturday in the summer. • 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.: Invermere Library Garage Sale! Gently used books, office furniture, kitchen items, craft supplies, and more.
• 2 – 11 p.m.: Flats Fest – Canal Flats inaugural Music Festival featuring Greg Moritz, Julian Austin, Duane Steele, Garrett Gregory and Valley Forged. A family friendly event held at the ball diamond. Tickets $40 available at Canal Flats Family Pantry, The Flats RV & Gas, the village office or online at www.eventbrite.ca/e/flats-fest-tickets-36323340088.
• 3 and 7 p.m.: The Kiss! in Movies, Music and Culture, at Christ Church Trinity, Invermere. Pianist Arne Sahlen’s show inspired by a splendid letter-to-the-editor from Bob Hahn of Juniper Heights with music from opera to today’s hits. By donation. Food bank items also welcome.
Sunday, August 20th
• 8:30 – 11 a.m.: Edgewater Recreation Society is holding a Pancake Breakfast/Bake Sale fundraiser at the Edgewater Community Hall.
Monday, August 21st
• 1 – 3 p.m.: Brain Injury Support Group meets on the 3rd Monday of the month at Columbia Garden Village. Contact Debbie for more info 250-344-5674.
• 7 p.m.: Live music at Safta’s Restaurant with three performers: The Burn Ins, Amelie Patterson, and Nashlyn.
• Dusk: Movies in the Mountains at Pothole Park in downtown Invermere featuring ‘The LEGO Batman Movie’. Cash concession.
Tuesday, August 22nd
• 10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.: Museum’s Summer Children’s program, every Tuesday for children 6 to 10 years old. This year’s theme: “In the Rockies We Will Go” with a weekly activity pertaining to the theme. Cost to participate is by donation to cover materials and snacks.
• 7 – 9 p.m.: Artist pARTy Soiree at Pynelogs Art Gallery featuring Nancy Sorenson, Rita Rankin, Kathleen Stead, Sherry Mallach & Lori Lees Stout. Show continues until September 10th. Visit www.columbiavalleyarts.com for details.
Wednesday, August 23rd
• 11:45 a.m.: The Rotary Club of Invermere meets every Wednesday at the Curling Centre.
• 3 – 4 p.m.: Wild Ideas, final week of the free drop-in program for Gr. 5-8 at the Invermere Library.
• 5 – 7:30 p.m.: Windermere Valley Farmers Institute (WDFI) ‘Make it, Bake it, Grow it’ Farmers Market, every Wednesday until the end of August at the WDFI AgriPark near the Crossroads on Highway 93/95.
• 6 – 7:30 p.m.: Wild Writer’s Squad, final week of the free drop-in program for Gr. 9-12 at the Invermere Library.
• 7 p.m.: Live music at Strand’s Restaurant with ‘Cha-Cra’, award winning steel guitarist Charlie Hase and singer/songwriter Craig Aikman. Cover $5.
• Dusk: Outdoor Movie Night at Eagle Ranch featuring ‘Guardians of the Galaxy 2’.
Thursday, August 24th
• 1 – 4 p.m.: Invermere Library Summer Reading Club Wind-Up Celebration—open to kids of all ages.
• 2 p.m.: Seniors Tea at the Invermere Library the 2nd and 4th Thursday of every month. Tea and a light snack is provided over friendly conversation. If you would like to attend but do not have transportation, please contact the library at 250-342-6416.
• 5 – 8 p.m.: Columbia Valley Recreation Sign Up Night at Kinsmen Beach. All sport, recreation or leisure business, non-profit or community groups are welcome to set up a sign-up table to attract volunteers and members. Contact Cortney Pitts at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
• 5 – 8 p.m.: Beach Party every Thursday in August at Kinsmen Beach including lawn games like Giant Jenga, sand volleyball, music, and more.
Invermere Library Hours
• Tuesday to Saturday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
• Wednesday: 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
• Story Time: Thurs. 10:30 a.m. and Sat. 11 a.m.
• Drop-in LEGO Club: Saturday 2:30 – 4:30 p.m.
Radium Hot Springs Library Hours
• Tuesday: 6 – 8 p.m.
• Wednesday and Thursday: 1 – 4 p.m.
• Saturday: 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
• LEGO for all ages: Saturday 10 a.m.
Windermere Valley Museum Hours
• Daily: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.