Thursday, August 24th
• 1 – 4 p.m.: Invermere Library Summer Reading Club Wind-Up Celebration—open to kids of all ages.
• 2 p.m.: Seniors Tea at the Invermere Library the 2nd and 4th Thursday of every month. Tea and a light snack is provided over friendly conversation. If you would like to attend but do not have transportation, please contact the library at 250-342-6416.
• 5 – 6 p.m.: Wine tasting in the Fairmont Hot Springs Resort lobby every Thursday. $15/person or $25 for two.
• 5 – 8 p.m.: Columbia Valley Recreation Sign Up Night at Kinsmen Beach. All sport, recreation or leisure business, non-profit or community groups are welcome to set up a sign-up table to attract volunteers and members. Contact Cortney Pitts at email@example.com for details.
• 5 – 8 p.m.: Beach Party every Thursday in August at Kinsmen Beach including lawn games like Giant Jenga, sand volleyball, music, and more.
Friday, August 25th
• Crisanna’s Neighbourhood Valley Block Parties, a one hour event Tuesdays starting at 10:30 a.m. and Fridays at 7 p.m. for visitors, locals and their guests at Lakeshore Resort and Campground, Hwy 93/95 between Windermere and Fairmont. Prizes, coupons, music, entertaining info, free Fry Bread, coffee, tea and more!
• 11 a.m.: Invermere Library Pop-Up Story Time at Kinsmen Beach. Songs, stories and a craft!
• 4 – 8 p.m.: Art Walk Invermere, visit six participating Art Galleries throughout Invermere every Friday from now to Sept. 8th. Visit www.artwalkinvermere.com.
• 4 – 9 p.m.: Music and Market on Main at Radium Visitor Information Centre every Friday in August. Market from 4 – 9 p.m., Music from 7 – 9 p.m. tonight with Smokin’ Ray and the Detectors. Visit radiumhotsprings.com for a full listing of performers and sponsors.
• 6 p.m.: Bingo at Shuswap Band Hall every Friday. Doors open at 6 p.m., Bingo starts at 7 p.m.
• 6 – 8 p.m.: Camp out at the Library, for grades 1-7 at the Invermere Public Library. Please pre-register at the library or call 250-342-6416.
• 7 – 10 p.m.: Local Live Music at Elements at Copper Point Resort every Friday & Saturday. Call for reservations 250-341-4002. This weekend features OSO Simple on Friday and Marty & Eli on Saturday August 26th.
Saturday, August 26th
• 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.: Farmers and Artists Market in downtown Invermere, every Saturday in the summer.
• 5 – 11 p.m.: Hospice Society of Columbia Valley’s 5th Annual Butterfly Barn Dance at Coy’s Par 3. Roast beef on the spit, silent and live auction, games, barn dance at 7:30 p.m. featuring Valley Forged. Tickets $45 available at the Hospice office, Sobeys and Circle Cafe in Invermere, Big Horn Cafe in Radium, Purple Cow in Fairmont, The Flats RV Park in Canal Flats or call 250-688-1143.
Sunday, August 27th
• 7:30 p.m.: Pynelogs hosts a slideshow, presented by the Zehnder family, of their one year worldwide trip. Everyone welcome!
Monday, August 28th
• 7 p.m.: Fairmont and District Lions Club meet the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month.
• Dusk: Movies in the Mountains at Pothole Park in downtown Invermere featuring ‘Beauty and the Beast’. Last one of the season! Cash concession.
Tuesday, August 29th
• 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.: Coffee Break at Women’s Resource Centre in Invermere. Free muffins, coffee and tea. The last Tuesday of every month.
Wednesday, August 30th
• 11:45 a.m.: The Rotary Club of Invermere meets every Wednesday at the Curling Centre.
• 3 – 4 p.m.: Help solve the Deer Island Mystery at the Invermere Library with author Don Kelly. Kids in Gr. 3-8 are invited to join us as we work through the mystery and crack the case. Parents welcome too!
• 5 – 7:30 p.m.: Windermere Valley Farmers Institute (WDFI) ‘Make it, Bake it, Grow it’ Farmers Market, at the WDFI AgriPark near the Crossroads on Highway 93/95. Last one of the season!
• 6:30 p.m.: The second Public Hearing re: Benny Boyz rezoning application for an RV resort at the Canal Flats Civic Centre.
Thursday, August 31st
• 5 – 8 p.m.: Beach Party every Thursday in August at Kinsmen Beach including lawn games like Giant Jenga, sand volleyball, music, and more. Last one of the summer!
Friday, September 1st
• 11 a.m.: Invermere Library Pop-Up Story Time at Spider Web Park behind the hospital. Songs, stories and a craft. Last Pop-Up for the summer!
Saturday, September 2nd
• The KISS in Movies and Music! Arne Sahlen at Christ Church Trinity near Invermere Library at 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. By donation. Inspired by a letter-to-editor in this paper, Sahlen will tell of the kiss in fact, fun and fable, censorship in film, and more. A classy show with great music old and new with his trademark lively commentary. Food bank items also welcome.
• 9 a.m.: Fairmont Community Association is holding their AGM at the Lions Den Community Centre. Pancake breakfast at 9 a.m., meeting starts at 10 a.m.
• 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.: The Canal Flats Family Pantry hosts its annual Customer Appreciation Day. Join them for free burgers, smokies and pop with lots of giveaways and draws.
• 6:15 p.m.: Local Feast Long Table Dinner, an elegant locally-inspired, five course, al fresco feast in the heart of the upper village as part of Panorama’s 55th birthday celebration. Tickets to the 19+ event are $95 + tax which includes five courses, wine, and live music.
Sunday, September 3rd
• 12 – 4 p.m.: Fairmont Hot Springs Resort Summer’s End Market in the main courtyard. Local vendors and artisans, Rudy the clown, face painting, live music by Fairwater 54 and more!
Invermere Library Hours
• Tuesday to Saturday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
• Wednesday: 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
• Story Time: Thurs. 10:30 a.m. and Sat. 11 a.m.
• Drop-in LEGO Club: Saturday 2:30 – 4:30 p.m.
Radium Hot Springs Library Hours
• Tuesday: 6 – 8 p.m.
• Wednesday and Thursday: 1 – 4 p.m.
• Saturday: 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
• LEGO for all ages: Saturday 10 a.m.
Windermere Valley Museum Hours
• Daily: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.