Thursday, August 31st
• 5 – 6 p.m.: Wine tasting in the Fairmont Hot Springs Resort lobby every Thursday. $15/person or $25 for two.
• 5 – 8 p.m.: Rescheduled from August 24th, Columbia Valley Recreation Sign Up Night at Kinsmen Beach. All sport, recreation or leisure business, non-profit or community groups are welcome to set up a sign-up table to attract volunteers and members. Contact Cortney Pitts at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
• 5 – 8 p.m.: Beach Party every Thursday in August at Kinsmen Beach including lawn games like Giant Jenga, sand volleyball, music, and more. Last one of the summer!
Friday, September 1st
• 11 a.m.: Invermere Library Pop-Up Story Time at Spider Web Park behind the hospital. Songs, stories and a craft. Last Pop-Up for the summer!
• 4 – 8 p.m.: Art Walk Invermere, visit six participating Art Galleries throughout Invermere every Friday from now to Sept. 8th. Visit www.artwalkinvermere.com.
• 7 p.m.: Crisanna’s Valley Block Parties season finale at Lakeshore Resort and Campground. See you next year!
• 9 p.m.: Valley Forged is playing at the Farside Pub in Fairmont. No cover.
Saturday, September 2nd
• The KISS in Movies and Music! at Christ Church Trinity. Two shows: 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. Arne Sahlen presents a classy look at our strong act of human connection. From war-bound soldiers to Marilyn Monroe’s iconic “A kiss on the hand may be quite Continental”. By donation.
• 9 a.m.: Fairmont Community Associations is holding their AGM at the Lions Den Community Centre. Pancake breakfast at 9 a.m., meeting starts at 10 a.m.
• 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.: ICAN Dog Jog at Mount Nelson Athletic Park – bring your dog and walk, jog or skip with ICAN to celebrate their 10th birthday! Entry by donation.
• 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.: Effusion Art Gallery & Studio has artist Sarinah Haba on site.
• 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.: The Canal Flats Family Pantry hosts its annual Customer Appreciation Day. Join them for free burgers, smokies and pop with lots of giveaways and draws.
• 6:15 p.m.: Local Feast Long Table Dinner, an elegant locally-inspired, five course, al fresco feast in the heart of the upper village as part of Panorama’s 55th birthday celebration. Tickets to the 19+ event are $95 + tax which includes five courses, wine, and live music.
Sunday, September 3rd
• 12 – 4 p.m.: Fairmont Hot Springs Resort Summer’s End Market in the main courtyard. Local vendors and artisans, Rudy the clown, face painting, live music by Fairwater 54 and more!
Tuesday, September 5th
• 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.: School is back in session and School Zone Speed Limits are in effect. Drive carefully!
Wednesday, September 6th
• 8 a.m.: Radium Hot Springs Sunrise Rotary meets for breakfast the 1st and 3rd Wednesday from April to October at The Springs golf course. Breakfast $10.
• 11:45 a.m.: The Rotary Club of Invermere meets every Wednesday at the Curling Centre.
• 6 – 7:30 p.m.: Invermere Judo Club Registration at the Debbie Seel Centre across from Peppi’s Pizza.
• 7 p.m.: Columbia Valley Oldtimers Hockey is holding their AGM on the mezzanine at the Invermere Arena.
Thursday, September 7th
• 7 p.m.: Columbia Valley Car Club meeting at Rocky River Grill (Breakfast room of Kanata Inn). Crucial last minute meeting before the CV Classic Car Show. Volunteers needed! For more info call Vicki at 250-342-1257.
• 7 p.m.: Christmas Bureau of the Columbia Valley Planning Meeting at Christ Church Trinity in Invermere.
Saturday, September 9th
• 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.: Christ Church Trinity Annual Garage Sale at 110 – 7th Avenue in Invermere.
• 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.: 7th Annual Columbia Salmon Festival begins at James Chabot Park with Youth Canoe Brigade and Horse Ceremony, then moves to the Shuswap Indian Band Pavilion with a powwow at 12 p.m., salmon feast, and another powwow at 5 p.m.
• 7 p.m.: Outdoor Movie Night featuring ‘Sing’ at Legends Field in Radium. Sponsored by Tourism Radium Hot Springs and Kootenay Savings and Credit Union. Games and activities start at 7 p.m.; movie starts 8:30 p.m. Admission by donation of nonperishable item to CV Food Bank.
• Dusk: 2nd annual Light a Candle Ceremony at Pothole Park to remember those you have lost. Pick up $5 luminaries at the Do Nothing Floatation Centre until September 2nd. The Oriental Palace is opening up for a pre-event dinner at 7 p.m. Please RSVP for the dinner to Geraldine at 250-342-3097.
Tuesday, September 12th
• Toonie Tuesday by Crazy Soles with this year’s series sponsored by Kicking Horse Coffee and A&W in Invermere. Each Toonie Ride organized by a different business and at a different location. $2 entry, participants must be a member of the CVCS. Prizes and BBQ post ride. This Toonie Tuesday organized by: Crazy Soles; location: along the Johnson Trailhead.
• 5 – 7 p.m.: Free Event for Youth aged 12-18 at Gerry’s Gelati/Leo Burrito in Radium Hot Springs. Meet Angela Miller, the coordinator of the newly formed Columbia Valley Youth Network and provide your input for future activities. Call 250-341-5216 or email email@example.com for details.
• 7 – 9 p.m.: Artist pARTy Soiree at Pynelogs Cultural Centre. The Fierce Art Project of Revelstoke presents Columbia Valley, Our View, LaVerna Peters, Vic Panei, Elizabeth Segstro, Stan Lukasiewicz & John Palmer. Show continues until September 30th.
Thursday, September 14th
• 5 – 7 p.m.: Free Event for Youth aged 12-18 at Ozzie’s Amuzement Park in Windermere with Angela Miller, coordinator of the newly formed Columbia Valley Youth Network. Provide your input for future activities.
Friday, September 15th
• 4 – 9 p.m.: Music and Market on Main at Radium Visitor Centre. Music from 7 – 9 p.m. with Marty and Eli. Kick off to the Classic Car Show on Saturday September 16th at The Springs Golf Course in Radium.
Invermere Library Hours
• Tuesday to Saturday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
• Wednesday: 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
• Story Time: Thurs. 10:30 a.m. and Sat. 11 a.m.
• Drop-in LEGO Club: Saturday 2:30 – 4:30 p.m.
Radium Hot Springs Library Hours
• Tuesday: 6 – 8 p.m.
• Wednesday and Thursday: 1 – 4 p.m.
• Saturday: 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
• LEGO for all ages: Saturday 10 a.m.
Windermere Valley Museum Hours
• Daily: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.