Friday, July 14th
• 4 – 8 p.m.: Art Walk Invermere, visit six participating Art Galleries throughout Invermere every Friday from now to Sept. 8th. Visit www.artwalkinvermere.com.
• 4 – 9 p.m.: Music and Market on Main at Radium Visitor Information Centre every Friday in July and August. Market from 4 – 9 p.m., Music from 7 – 9 p.m. tonight with Dos Equis. Visit radiumhotsprings.com for a full listing of performers and sponsors.
• 6 p.m.: Bingo at Shuswap Band Hall every Friday. Doors open at 6 p.m., Bingo starts at 7 p.m.
• 7 p.m.: Columbia Valley Car Club meeting at Rocky River Grill. Looking for volunteers for Car Show in September. For more info, call Vicki 250-342-1257.
• 7 – 10 p.m.: Local Live Music at Elements at Copper Point Resort features Dandelions on Friday and Chisel Peak Blues Band on Saturday July 15th. Call for reservations 250-341-4002.
Saturday, July 15th
• 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.: The 10th Annual Big Book Sale hosted by the Friends of the Invermere Library at the old Invermere Community Hall. Find loads of gently used books. Proceeds to the Invermere Public Library.
• 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.: Farmers and Artists Market in downtown Invermere, every Saturday in the summer.
Sunday, July 16th
• 5 – 8 p.m.: Commemorate the opening of the Banff-Windermere Highway in 1923 with ‘An Historic Mountain Gathering’, with dinner catered by local chefs using local ingredients and entertaining re-enactments by local historians and Parks Canada. 1920’s themed dinner at the Windermere Valley Museum; guests are encouraged to dress in period. Tickets available at Circle Health Food, $35 for adults, children 12 and under are $15.
Monday, July 17th
• Summer Art Camps with Black Star Studio at Pynelogs Cultural Centre, July 17th to 21st. Ages 7+. Register by calling 250-342-6663.
• 1 – 3 p.m.: Brain Injury Support Group meets on the 3rd Monday of the month at Columbia Garden Village. Contact Debbie for more info 250-344-5674.
• 7 – 9 p.m.: Live Music at Horsethief Creek Pub and Eatery with Marty and Eli. No cover.
• Dusk: Movies in the Mountains at Pothole Park in downtown Invermere featuring ‘Rogue One: A Star Wars Story’. Enjoy a different movie every Monday in July and August. Cash concession.
Tuesday, July 18th
• 10 a.m.: Summer Reading Club presents Magician Leif David at Columbia Garden Village. Free event for the entire family sponsored by the Invermere Library.
• 10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.: Windermere Valley Museum’s Summer Children’s program, every Tuesday for children 6 to 10 years old. This year’s theme: “In the Rockies We Will Go”. Cost to participate is by donation.
• 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.: Options for Sexual Health drop in clinic in the Public Health Unit the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month. Call 250-342-2360 for information.
• 10 p.m.: Karaoke at the Farside Pub in Fairmont every Tuesday night.
Wednesday, July 19th
• 8 a.m.: Radium Hot Springs Sunrise Rotary meets for breakfast the 1st and 3rd Wednesday at The Springs golf course. Breakfast $10.
• 10 a.m.: Breastfeeding Mommas support group meets the 3rd Wednesday of the month at Invermere Library.
• 11:45 a.m.: The Rotary Club of Invermere meets every Wednesday at the Curling Centre.
• 2 p.m.: Genealogy Group meets at Columbia Gardens Coffee Room the 3rd Wednesday of the month.
• 3 – 4 p.m.: Wild Ideas for Gr. 5-8 at Invermere Library.
• 5 – 7:30 p.m.: Windermere Valley Farmers Institute ‘Make it, Bake it, Grow it’ Farmers Market, every Wednesday now until the end of August at the WDFI AgriPark near the Crossroads on Highway 93/95.
• 6 – 7:30 p.m.: Wild Writer’s Squad for Gr. 9-12 at the Invermere Library. Drop by each week.
• 7 – 9 p.m. Columbia Valley Healing Circle, a weekly support group for family and friends of addicted loved ones. Located in the Basement of the Shuswap Band Territorial Office. Please call 250-341-3678 ext 1015.
Thursday, July 20th
• 1 – 4 p.m.: Invermere Library’s Summer Reading Club “Walk on the Wild Side” for kids going into Gr. 1-5. Drop by the Library each week for fun activities!
• 5 – 6 p.m.: Wine tasting in the Fairmont Hot Springs Resort lobby every Thursday. $15/person or $25 for two.
Friday, July 21st
• Bull Riding in the Rockies returns for the 19th year at the Invermere Curling Club and is a fundraiser for the Columbia Valley Rockies hockey club. Rodeo tickets purchased before July 15th save you $5 – only $30 for adults and $20 for students/seniors and include the Dance with music by KixxsIn. An extra $12 gets you the Traditional Cowboy Supper at 5 p.m. Rodeo starts at 7:15 p.m. Tickets at Invermere Home Hardware, Avenue, Mountainside Market in Radium and Fairmont and the Brisco General Store.
• 4 – 9 p.m.: Market on Main at the Radium Hot Springs Visitor Centre with Music by Sheberdean from 7 – 9 p.m.
• 7 – 10 p.m.: Local Live Music at Elements at Copper Point Resort features Smarty Pants on Friday and Dos Equis on Saturday the 22nd.
Saturday, July 22nd
• 30th Annual Valley Appreciation Day in Invermere. Free pancake breakfast, live music, Gagne Family Logging Show, stage show, cart races, live entertainment, children’s activites and interactive games, plus a market with goods that cannot be found at the Farmers Market.
• 11 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.: Columbia Valley Food Bank is holding a BBQ fundraiser at Invermere Home Hardware.
• 7 p.m.: John Reischman and the Jaybirds, one of the world’s top bluegrass bands, at Christ Church Trinity, Invermere. Tickets available at the door, $20 adult and $5 for children 12 and under. For info, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• 7 p.m.: John Jenkins Small Town Revival is playing at Safta’s.
Sunday, July 23rd
• Infinity Solstice CD release party at Strands Restaurant.
Invermere Library Hours
• Tuesday to Saturday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
• Wednesday: 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
• Story Time: Thurs. 10:30 a.m. and Sat. 11 a.m.
• Drop-in LEGO Club: Saturday 2:30 – 4:30 p.m.
Radium Hot Springs Library Hours
• Tuesday: 6 – 8 p.m.
• Wednesday and Thursday: 1 – 4 p.m.
• Saturday: 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
• LEGO for all ages: Saturday 10 a.m.
Windermere Valley Museum Hours
• Daily: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.