Friday, July 28th
• Crisanna’s Neighbourhood Valley Block Parties, a one hour event Tuesdays starting at 10:30 a.m. and Fridays at 7 p.m. for visitors, locals and their guests at Aksiqnuk Lakeshore Campground, Hwy 93/95 between Windermere and Fairmont. Prizes, coupons, music, entertaining info, local volunteer groups, free Fry Bread, coffee, tea. Cash sales of local homemade foods and handmade crafts. Visit fb ‘Valley Block Parties’.
• 11 a.m.: Invermere Library Pop-Up Story Time at Edible Acres in Windermere. Drop by for stories and songs!
• 4 – 8 p.m.: Art Walk Invermere, visit six participating Art Galleries throughout Invermere every Friday from now to Sept. 8th. Visit www.artwalkinvermere.com.
• 4 – 9 p.m.: Music and Market on Main at Radium Visitor Information Centre every Friday in July and August. Market from 4 – 9 p.m., Music from 7 – 9 p.m. tonight with Dawson Rutledge. Visit radiumhotsprings.com for a full listing of performers and sponsors.
• 6 p.m.: Bingo at Shuswap Band Hall every Friday. Doors open at 6 p.m., Bingo starts at 7 p.m.
• 7 – 10 p.m.: Local Live Music at Elements at Copper Point Resort features Eli & Marty on Friday and John Cronin on Saturday July 29th.
Saturday, July 29th
• 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.: Farmers and Artists Market in downtown Invermere, every Saturday in the summer.
• 3 p.m. and 7 p.m.: Piano personality Arne Sahlen: 100 Years of Movie Music – two shows at Christ Church Trinity in Invermere. By donation. From Snow White to Star Wars and more! Stuffies, colouring for busy kids. firstname.lastname@example.org or cell/text 250-540-4242.
Sunday, July 30th
• 7 p.m.: Frank’s Rink Update! Edgewater Recreation Society will hold a community information meeting at the Community Hall. Come out to hear and see the Building Committee plans.
Monday, July 31st
• 7 p.m.: a Recreational Access Management Plan (RAMP) meeting is being held at the Village of Radium Hot Springs council chambers.
• 7 p.m.: Bingo at the Canal Flats Civic Centre, 1st and 3rd Monday of each month.
• Dusk: Movies in the Mountains at Pothole Park in downtown Invermere featuring ‘Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them’. Cash concession.
Tuesday, August 1st
• 10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.: Museum’s Summer Children’s program, every Tuesday for children 6 to 10 years old. This year’s theme: “In the Rockies We Will Go” with a weekly activity pertaining to the theme. Cost to participate is by donation to cover materials and snacks.
• 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.: Options for Sexual Health drop in clinic in the Public Health Unit the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month. Call 250-342-2360 for information.
• 7 – 9 p.m.: Pynelogs Art Gallery Artist pARTy Soiree featuring pottery, photography, paintings, relief carved panels, masks and paddles by Alice Hale, John Niddrie, Tanya Brown, Deb Ede, Jack Olson & Jim McElroy. Music and cash bar. Show continues until August 20th.
• 10 p.m.: Karaoke at the Farside Pub in Fairmont every Tuesday night.
Wednesday, August 2nd
• 8 a.m.: Radium Hot Springs Sunrise Rotary meets for breakfast every 1st and 3rd Wednesday from April thru October at The Springs golf course. Breakfast $10.
• 11:45 a.m.: The Rotary Club of Invermere meets every Wednesday at the Curling Centre.
• 5 – 7:30 p.m.: Windermere Valley Farmers Institute (WDFI) ‘Make it, Bake it, Grow it’ Farmers Market, every Wednesday until the end of August at the WDFI AgriPark near the Crossroads on Highway 93/95.
Thursday, August 3rd
• 10:30 a.m.: Stretch and Move Classes for Seniors every Thursday with Jenette St. Jean at Invermere Seniors Hall.
• 4:30 – 6 p.m.: Summit Youth Centre Chef-It-Up. Every Thursday. Learn to make delicious food on a budget.
• 5 – 6 p.m.: Wine tasting in the Fairmont Hot Springs Resort lobby every Thursday. $15/person or $25 for two.
• 5 – 8 p.m.: Beach Party every Thursday in August at Kinsmen Beach with Giant Jenga, sand volleyball, SUP, Zumba with instructor Julie Parent from 7:30 – 8 p.m., music and more!
• 6:30 p.m.: Texas Hold Em’ Tournament at the Invermere Legion every Thursday. $35 buy in.
Friday, August 4th
• 4 – 9 p.m.: Market on Main at the Radium Hot Springs Visitor Centre with Music by The Pickups from 7 – 9 p.m.
• 7 – 10 p.m.: Local Live Music at Elements at Copper Point Resort features Oso Simple on Friday and Gordon James on Saturday August 5th.
Sunday, August 6th
• Lake Windermere Ambassadors present Summer Splash at James Chabot Beach.
• 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.: Art in the Park in Pothole Park. Art from the creative people of the Columbia Valley, painting, sculpture, jewelry, woodwork, glass, live music and concession. No admission fee.
• 9:45 p.m.: ‘The Boss Baby’ free moonlight movie at Mountainside Golf Course at Fairmont Hot Springs Resort.
Monday, August 7th
• Summer Art Camp with Black Star Studio at Pynelogs Cultural Centre from August 7th to 11th. Ages 7+. Register by calling 250-342-6663.
• Dusk: Movies in the Mountains at Pothole Park in Invermere featuring ‘Moana’. Enjoy a different movie every Monday in August. Cash concession.
Invermere Library Hours
• Tuesday to Saturday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
• Wednesday: 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
• Story Time: Thurs. 10:30 a.m. and Sat. 11 a.m.
• Drop-in LEGO Club: Saturday 2:30 – 4:30 p.m.
Radium Hot Springs Library Hours
• Tuesday: 6 – 8 p.m.
• Wednesday and Thursday: 1 – 4 p.m.
• Saturday: 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
• LEGO for all ages: Saturday 10 a.m.
Windermere Valley Museum Hours
• Daily: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Invermere Thrift Store Hours
• Thursday – Saturday: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Radium Thrift Store Hours
• Thursday: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
• Friday and Saturday: 12 – 4 p.m.