Submitted by Pete Bourke, executive director of the Columbia Valley Chamber of Commerce
This past week we have seen some wonderful examples of community spirit, whether it is specialty boxes, online sales, no-contact pickup/delivery, support for our volunteer organizations, enhanced safety measures by our essential services and positive messages on social media. While it is no surprise to see our community come together like this it is a welcome reminder of how we support each other.
Our group of aligned key organizations representing our chambers, Provincial and local governments, tourism, employment services, social services and community groups continue to meet daily to collaborate on the latest updates and support initiatives for our region.
If you haven’t already done so, please sign up at our chamber website, www.cvchamber.ca, to receive a central amalgamation of information from these groups. This communication will be emailed out at minimum three times a week, on Monday, Wednesday and Friday just prior to 5 p.m..
Some key updates:
- If you need assistance or you can offer assistance, you can visit www.volunteercv.ca to request or offer support.
- Our local essential services and medical professionals have ramped up their safety protocols for your benefit and theirs. By doing your part you will allow them the ability to continue to support our community.
- For those businesses who are still offering products or services in some way, even if you are just selling gift certificates, we have researched some great websites to help list your products. Check out www.aidlocal.ca, www.thrivinglocally.com, or www.closedbutopen.com to see which one best suits your needs, or list your information on all three! We will ensure links for all three of these sites are maintained on our website for reference as well.
- If time permits, take advantage of the abundance of online learning resources, workshops and webinars that are being provided. In the coming days we will work on a comprehensive list for you to refer to, however many are often shared on our Facebook page – we’re @ColumbiaValleyChamber.
- If there is anything we can assist you with please don’t hesitate to call 250-342-2844 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. seven days per week or email us at email@example.com.
Stay healthy and happy, and be kind to each other.