By Dan Walton

Pioneer staff

Before $4,000 of dirty cash can clean up its act and become property of the Queen, the RCMP is giving anybody with a legitimate stake in the matter an opportunity to file a notice of dispute.

The cash was scooped up while the Columbia Valley RCMP were executing a search warrant at the Green Acres Trailer Park in Dry Gulch on May 11th, 2011.

When the money is a result of a criminal involvement, then we can seize the money and put a forfeiture in, said Staff Sgt. Marko Shehovac.

The June 3rd, 2011 edition of The Pioneer reported that a 9-mm handgun and 60 grams of crack were also taken in the raid. (It also mentions that the subject of the raid had previously been arrested three months earlier with 152 grams of crack and $25,000 in cash.)

If for some reason you feel a lawful sense of ownership over some or all of the money, claimants have 60 days from the date of first publication (September 26th November 25th) to file notice.

Notice must be filed by mail to the Civil Forfeiture Office, at PO Box 9234, Station Provincial Government, Victoria, BC, V8W 9J1.