Submitted by Sgt. Darren Kakuno
Columbia Valley RCMP
This past week, May 27th through June 2nd, the Columbia Valley RCMP responded to 60 calls for service. The following are some of the more notable files our officers responded to.
• On Monday, May 27th, two mountain bikes were reported stolen from Panorama Resort sometime between 3 p.m. and 6 p.m. on May 26th. The stolen bikes were described as a red 2011 Norco DH and a black 2014 Specialized Enduro.
• On Tuesday, May 28th at 9:20 p.m., Columbia Valley RCMP received a report of a single vehicle collision on Highway 93/95 north of Canal Flats. The driver and lone occupant of a grey Hyundai Santa Fe was southbound when she went off the road and down an embankment. The driver sustained minor injuries. Alcohol was not a factor in this incident.
• On Saturday, June 1st at 6:30 p.m., police responded to a report of an assault at a residence in Canal Flats. A female reported being assaulted by a male relative. The male was arrested at the scene for assault and transported to cells.
• On Sunday, June 2nd at 12:30 a.m., a resident of Terra Vista Road in Windermere reported a black Chevrolet Silverado had driven through a gate at the complex. Police located the suspect vehicle in the vicinity with a number of people standing around. Officers identified and spoke to the driver who admitted to consuming alcohol and damaging the gate. The driver was arrested for mischief and also issued a 24 hour driving prohibition after failing a roadside breath test. The mischief investigation is ongoing.
• On Sunday, June 2nd at 9:45 p.m., police received a report of a male causing problems at a residence on 8th Avenue in Invermere. A resident in the house told police the male was intoxicated and causing property damage to the house. Police attended and arrested a 20-year-old male for mischief and held him in custody until sober.