Submitted by Sgt. Darren Kakuno
Columbia Valley RCMP
This past week, Feb. 14 through Feb. 20, the Columbia Valley RCMP responded to 56 calls for service. The following is a summary of some of the files our officers responded to.
- On Monday, Feb. 14 at about 3:30 p.m., the driver of a Plymouth Caravan failed to negotiate a curve on Highway 93/95 near Fairmont and rolled the vehicle into the ditch. The driver suffered minor injuries and a passenger in the van was transported to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
- On Wednesday, Feb. 16 at about 11 p.m., police received a report of a truck driving off Columbia River Road in Fairmont. An officer attended and, while speaking to the driver, formed suspicion the driver had consumed alcohol and read a roadside breath demand. The driver refused to provide a breath sample and as a result, was issued a 90-day Immediate Roadside Prohibition and the vehicle was impounded for 30 days. The driver was held in cells until sober and released the following morning.
- On Saturday, Feb. 19 at about 11:15 p.m., an officer was conducting patrols in Windermere when he observed a stolen Nissan Titan parked at a residence on Subdivision Road. A suspect was arrested at the scene for outstanding warrants. The investigation is ongoing.
- On the evening of Saturday, Feb. 19, Columbia Valley RCMP officers conducted a road safety check on Laurier Street and Panorama drive for approximately 3 hours. Approximately 250 vehicles were checked. One violation ticket for no driver’s license was issued.
- On Sunday, Feb. 20 at about 5 a.m., emergency crews responded to a single vehicle collision on Highway 93/95 in Windermere. The driver of a pickup truck was northbound when he lost control of his vehicle and rolled into the ditch. The driver was not injured.