- Submit News Tip
- Federal Election 2019
- Trending Now
- Photo Galleries
- Special Sections
- Contact Us
Cheers to our Mayor Gerry Taft. Sure, everyone makes mistakes but just look at Invermere and all the great things you have ushered in. Wonderful!
Cheers to the wonderful honest person who turned my purse into the staff at Tim Hortons on Saturday September 30th. May your life be blessed.
Massive heartfelt Cheers to Sobeys for your fruit donation after our Little Fox Run at Sonshine Daycare. The kids really enjoyed the bananas, apples and oranges! Your kindness and generosity was so very appreciated!
A huge Cheers to the local businesses who continue to provide employment opportunities for our Special Needs students! We deeply appreciate your efforts in raising the profile of supported employment in Invermere.
Cheers to Dean and Edie and the Canadian Crossfire band! You sure know how to throw a 60th birthday party!
Jeers to the uncourteous drivers who insist on speeding up at the merge lane to screw other drivers trying to merge. Next time try being courteous and let people merge… it actually feels much better than being a jerk.
Cheers to the wonderful friends in the valley for sharing their garden vegetables.
Cheers to all the volunteers at the Thrift Shop.
Jeers to the person who took my grey zip up jacket from A&W. I was only gone for 30 minutes before I realised that I left it there and it was already gone.
Huge Cheers to the Rockies Hockey Team for giving up their entire Sunday to support the Windermere Elementary Community Carnival! Their help was an integral part of making this event happen and making it a success. Much appreciated!
Cheers to Kayja Becker for her incredible sense of community, her brilliant mind and her positive attitude!
Cheers to Terry, my pal, for special catering last Saturday! The homemade buns and your beet relish were delicious.
Cheers to Ross and Ryan for taking the time to help two elderly ladies put wheels back under their wagon. Much appreciated!
A big Cheers to the wonderful people who noticed my flat tire in front of the grocery store. Not only did you air it up for me, you left a note to make sure we stay safe. It made my day and it blew my mind, much appreciated!
Cheers and a very happy 60th birthday to the lovely people renting the Windermere Hall on the weekend; for your assistance on the morning of the carnival and for so graciously letting us invade your space.
Cheers to the Invermere Bakery for the special and friendly staff.
Cheers to the Radium Hot Springs First Responders, who jumped out of bed at 5 a.m. and were at our home to help my husband within 10 minutes. You guys are a local treasure.
Cheers to Britt for being always so kind and helping us.
Cheers to the entire Valley for their incredible community spirit and support for the Carnival at Windermere Elementary. Such a great vibe that day and so awesome to see so many families out enjoying each other’s company!
Cheers to Shannon’s Blinds for the good job on the motorized blinds in our living room.
A Huge Cheers to Julia Buttle for doing such a great job organizing the Windermere Fall Fair, Kayja Becker and her fantastic skills and imagination in the Kids Area, Invermere Public Library, Black Star, all our wonderful and helpful volunteers and vendors and to all the visitors who came out to help us have another great Fall Fair. See you next year!
Big Cheers to Julia Buttle and her crew for all the hard work to make a wonderful Windermere Fall Fair!!
Cheers to Victoria Page and the Purcell Mountain Painters for a lovely art show at the Windermere Fall Fair.
Cheers to the community of Invermere on their new hall. It’s a welcome asset to the community and will help support events in the valley for years to come. Cheers to all of those that came out to celebrate.
Cheers to the WES PAC and especially Bridget Atterbury for organizing an incredible carnival! It was well-run, a lot of fun and we hope it turns into an annual event for the Valley. Cheers to the Rockies too for volunteering their time to run the booths.
A big Cheers to H2 Productions for the screening of their delightful movies! Better than some Hollywood productions I have seen lately. Your hard work did not go unnoticed!
Cheers to the Radium Resort Golf Course for the amazing job they did with Kayla and Scott’s wedding. The Venue is a beautiful location for the wedding and all the staff went above and beyond to make sure everything was taken care of right down to the smallest details. The food was amazing and all of our guests were well taken care of.
Cheers to Kimberley Rae Photography & Framing for the unbelievable day spent creating the best memories for Kayla and Scott’s wedding. Kimberley you are amazing at making everybody so at ease and capturing the best of every moment, resulting in the most amazing photos and memories.
Cheers to Invermere Rotary and a special Cheers to Bruce McLaughlin for replacing our tree in the Rotary Garden in Columbia House. The new tree is being admired by all residents, family members and staff. We would also like to send a Cheers to Jack Steedman for his consultation, and to the Rotary for donating the lovely Maple tree.
Cheers to Tammy and staff at Mystic Hair Salon for taking such great care of Kayla and her wedding party’s hair and makeup. You made sure they all looked beautiful for her special day.
Cheers to Hopkins Harvest featuring The Hot Spot for the amazing job they did catering Kayla and Scott’s wedding rehearsal dinner. The food was amazing and the staff was the best as always and all of this at a very difficult time in your life – your dad would be proud. Much appreciated. Matt and staff you are the best.
Cheers to Fun Cakes by Diane for the great cupcakes and wedding cake for Kayla and Scott’s special day. The cupcakes were amazing and the display was gorgeous.
Cheers to RONA, we had been searching and searching for a special lock for our camping trailer, went to many RV places in Alberta and various hardware stores with no success! Until we visited RONA and there it was! Small town shopping ROCKS!
Cheers to Shannon and Doug of Shannon’s Blinds for awesome excellent house call service. We greatly appreciate it.
A great big Cheers to Valley Foods, Sobeys, A&W, Canadian Tire, The Station Neighbourhood Pub, Lambert Kipp Pharmacy, Columbia Valley Rockies, Sleeman’s Brewery, Best Western Invermere Inn, The Three Bears Gift Shop, Nite Frames, The Flemings, and Windermere Valley Golf Course for sponsoring The Royal Canadian Legion’s 2017 Fall Texas Scramble Golf Tournament. Cheers also to Adrian Sealy for taking pictures and monitoring the Hole in One competition.
• Cheers to the lady with Parks for calling me an ambulance. Much appreciated. All is well and I learned a valuable lesson. It is special when people in the community look out for others.
• Cheers to the gentleman who paid for my groceries at AG Valley Foods on Thursday September 7th. Much appreciated!
• Cheers to James Morsette of Turf N Timber for your kindness and generosity. I am most grateful!
• Jeers… To the new Community Centre for the inadequate design of its wheelchair accessible washrooms. Not only are they incredibly small and hard to manoeuvre in, there is no family or separate washroom available when an opposite sex caregiver is required to assist. It makes for a very stressful outing.
• Cheers to Rachel for being an incredible co-worker. You will be missed.
• Big Cheers to the amazing communities that we live in. The amount of support, donations, texts, calls, thoughts and prayers we received during a difficult medical emergency has been overwhelming and greatly appreciated. An extra Big Cheers to Jolaine Undershute, Carole Timmerman, Kayla McLean, Sophie Timothy and Noreen Madden for going above and beyond with fundraisers. We are truly blessed. Words can’t express our appreciation for all of you and everything you’ve done!
• Cheers to Farmers’ Market organizers – Invermere community stalwarts Bill and Becky, and Fairmont’s 13-year-old genius, Ryan. They all combine wisdom, discretion, people skills and more to anchor superb summer-long celebrations of community richness.
• Cheers to Katherine, Nathan, and Conan for their quick response to the fire in Spillimacheen. You guys are awesome!
• Cheers to golfers who make the pilgrimage to St. Andrews, Scotland. Jeers to those who choose not to play when they are there.
• Big Cheers to Raylene Oram for all the hard work and endless hours of volunteering she puts into many groups in our valley!
• Super Cheers to the C U Wednesday Golf Group at Copper Point for their more than generous donation to the Columbia House Enhancement Society! Very much appreciated!
• Cheers and a tip of the golf sombrero to Larry Ballard who once again guided The Resort’s men’s club with cogency, verve and an evil drop of schadenfreude.
• Cheers to the person who Jeered the ones smoking pot during movie nights. It is especially harmful to children as it affects the brain. No one should have to put up with it if it is not their choice to breathe in the second-hand smoke.
• A Huge Cheers to everybody who gives me great compliments and comments. Makes me want to get out more and keep walking and living it up. Much appreciated!
• Jeers to the line “ The bear bites the dust”..It’s still a life.
• Jeers to people who do not clean up their apples and garbage and end up getting a bear put down. They would not show up if you kept things clean and did not tempt them.
BIG Cheers to all the volunteers, our Friends of Rotary, who helped us successfully fundraise at the Car Show! We couldn’t have done this without you! Your effort and time will help us with more projects for our community.
• Cheers to Bob and Heather for their amazing dedication to all soccer players of Invermere in hosting the Sunday Night Soccer Pick-Up games for all age groups! It was fantastic having U8 to U18s out there playing soccer together! That’s community.
• Jeers to the group surrounding a wood campfire on Thursday evening September 14th at Canyon Campground in Radium. There is still a FIRE ban on as far as I know.
• Jeers to the people who enter our local hot springs pools without showering first, a requirement that is clearly stated on numerous signs. This isn’t just about respect for others, it’s a hygiene and public health issue.
• Jeers to the lowlife who found my grey wallet outside of the post office, leaving it behind but not before helping yourself to ALL the cash inside. I work incredibly hard and countless hours for every dollar I earn. You should learn this principal of hard work. Karma WILL come back to bite you, and when it does, just remember you deserve it.
• Hip hip hurray Cheers to the fabulous folks at Ivy House and the Columbia Gardens for the excellent care of our Mom, Marg Nicholson, these past few years.
• Big Cheers shout out to Dr. Ross for her many years of wonderful care for our Mom, Marg Nicholson.
Huge Cheers to Doug W. and Cory K. for filling in the hole in our yard. We could have lost a grandchild in it. Neighbors like yourselves are why Canal Flats is such a great place to live.
to Thea from Wild Safe BC for doing a fabulous job at the Radium Market and Music on Main Friday night! Her positive energy was infectious and it was so inspiring seeing her engage the young market-goers with her environmental knowledge.
to the man who donated bags of toys and children’s clothing to the Thrift Store Monday morning! Not only was the clothing freshly laundered and folded, but the toys were clean and in good working condition. Wow! We appreciate all our donations, but these bags were a treat to receive.
BIG CHEERS to Lucas Ruault for what you did on Saturday! I won’t soon forget it and will be singing your praises for months to come!
to the paving being done on the Westside Road.
to the person giving a double Jeers to the irresponsible people who leave their dog on a chain, plus on a chain in this relentless heat. I hope you’ve called the police and report this abuse…. how about calling ICAN, too. Those dogs need a voice.
to the Mayor of Invermere who, as our representative on the RDEK, ignored Wildsight and widespread local opposition and voted to disregard the OCP and to destroy vital Grizzly habitat and wildlife corridors near Fernie, BC for the sake of an unwanted real estate development.
to Tammy at Customer Service Home Hardware. On two occasions in the past 3 days you have gone above and beyond to provide me with the best customer service ever! What a treat! Hope your employer knows the value you add to the company. Service like yours makes me come back again and again!
go out to Turf “n” Timber for being so kind to the staff and children at WVCCS.
A big Cheers to the bylaw officer that helped me with a flat tire at the beach on Sunday. Much appreciated.
Big Cheers to Dave, Dianna and the staff of Rainbow International Restoration. The Shrimp Boil was amazing!
goes out to the owners and staff of Pharmasave for supplying the children at our daycare with sunscreen for the summer.
Big Cheers to Erik McLaughlin of the Invermere Fire Department for providing the children with a foam day. They all really enjoyed the bubbles , it was a great day.
and Congratulations to Jami, Ben, the Board, Sponsors, Volunteers and of course all the Musicians for an amazing 5th Annual Invermere Music Fest. Looking forward to 2018’s.
to the Volunteers at the Radium Hot Springs Public Library. You give of yourself and bring with you your life experiences, compassion, intellect and humour and ask for nothing in return. You volunteer for many different reasons but for whatever reason you volunteer, you provide support, skills, talents and abilities to keep the library a vibrant part of the community. Please know that your efforts are appreciated and valued, each and every day that you volunteer. Your commitment to the Library is much appreciated.
to the young lady Saturday morning. You saved my balloon’s life and made my day!! Much appreciated. From the 5 year old who thought the world had ended when her dinosaur balloon flew away.
A belated Cheers to Radium Days. A logging show, games, and that climbing wall/slide bouncy castle will make any 40 year old kid jump for joy, (as well as my own kids)!